Now, more and more people stored their personal data on USB flash drives, Pen drive, memory card, external hard disk. But sometimes these files can be hidden and invisible due to virus attack or some other reasons. This page introduces two ways to recover/show hidden files on USB drive or memory card:
- 1. Unhide or show hidden files using CMD command prompt.
2. Recover hidden files with EaseUS USB drive data recovery software.
How to unhide or show hidden files on USB drives or memory cards?
“I have saved lots of pictures and documents on my USB flash drive, but now when I open it, I can see nothing. The system just shows the device is empty. I don’t what happened. Is there any way to show hidden files on USB drive?”
This is a real story from one of our users. I think many other users have a similar experience. Before introducing memory card recovery solutions that allow you to recover hidden files on USB drives or memory cards, we would first like to talk about whether it is possible to unhide or show hidden files. Usually, if your USB drive, memory SD card, pen drive or other storage device which contain data shows nothing, it might have been infected with a certain virus or malware. The files on these devices might be marked as hidden so you can not see them when you open the device. But it is possible for you to recover virus infected files from USB drives, hard drives or memory cards. Here you can read on to learn how to fix blank SD card and show hidden files in memory card or USB drive in two possible ways.
Show hidden files on USB drive and memory card using Attrib CMD
The CMD command Prompt is your first choice when you want to recover hidden files from external hard disk, USB drive, memory card or other storage devices. Now, to unhide the hidden files on your memory card and flash drive using command prompt, please take the following steps:
1. Plug in your hard drive, memory card or USB drive to your computer
2. Go to the start menu, type in “cmd” in a search bar, hit enter and then you can see something named “cmd. exe” under a list of programs.
3. Right click “cmd. exe” and then you will get the command windows that allows you to recover hidden files. Type in “attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*”, for example, “attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.*”.
Finish all these steps and then you can go to your USB flash drive, hard drive or memory card to check if you can see all of the hidden files. If you can’t find the files you want, you can try another solution: recover hidden files on USB flash drive and memory card with EaseUS data recovery software.